As nonprofits, civic groups & organizations begin to register with Volunteer Oxford, volunteer opportunities will begin to appear so that you can choose the perfect volunteer opportunity for you!
The Lafayette Oxford University community is blessed with a spirit of volunteerism that makes our community a unique one. Many community nonprofit organizations reap the benefits of volunteers of all ages. Volunteers are the heart and soul of our giving community.
So, why volunteer?
Volunteering benefits organizations, but did you know it is also good for your health?
- Volunteering leads to greater life satisfaction.
- Volunteering leads to lower rates of depression.
- Volunteers 60 and older experience more improved mental and physical abilities than younger people may.
- Research show that one of the best ways to prevent poor health in the future is to volunteer while you are young.
- Mississippi’s volunteer rate is strongly connected with the physical health of the state’s population.
Many nonprofits rely on passionate and dedicated volunteers to operate as an organization.Whether you love reading or tutoring children, serving hot meals to the needy, walking a dog at the animal shelter, or sharing your love of the arts with others, our community has a nonprofit organization that share your passion for improving the quality of life in our community and for others.
Volunteer today. After all, volunteerism strengthens us as a community.